With every passing day, more and more companies and grocery stores are switching to re-usable bags to deliver their goods. Even though a re-usable bag made using any eco-friendly material is always better than a paper or plastic bag, some materials are just better than others. The thing is, high-quality bags are better for the environment in many ways.
Considering this, how will you pick a reusable bag for your needs? For sure, just buying the most expensive one on the market isn’t going to work.
Well, to help you decide better, here we have given details of the top 5 materials used to make customized reusable bags. Nevertheless, if you are placing your order with Custom Grocery Bags, you can be rest assured that they will suggest the best possible option. After all, they are leading customized grocery bags manufacturers.
Top 5 materials used in manufacturing reusable grocery bags
Cotton reusable bags come in many variations. For instance, there are bags made using – traditional cotton, organic cotton, as well as recycled cotton. Cotton reusable bags are most suitable for all needs. Besides, they offer several advantages like they are:
- Comparatively stronger and durable
- Aesthetically more appealing and soft to touch
- Made using renewable resources
- Easy to clean as you can machine wash them
- Easy to print on
Jute is another natural plant fiber. It grows in heavy rainfall areas and it’s irrigation requires very little or in most cases no pesticides at all. usually, jute bags are a great choice, but since it has a grainy texture, printing fine details become difficult. Of course, you can print bold letters easily. Some of the major benefits of using jute for making re-usable bags are:
- It is a natural and renewable resource
- It is a biodegradable and compostable material
- It is a sturdy and durable material
- It can be blended with other fabrics to make stronger re-usable bags
Just like jute, hemp grows without pesticides, and the best part is it is drought tolerant. Hemp fibers are one of the strongest and most durable fibers, at times even stronger than cotton. Benefits of using hemp are:
- It can be grown in poor soil with a limited supply of water
- It is smooth and soft to touch
- It is very strong and rot-resistant
- Bags made using hemp can be machine washed
- It can be blended with other materials to create high-end fabrics
Nylon is a kind of synthetic polymer that was originally created to replace silk. It is overall a very sturdy material even though it is light in weight. Many companies prefer using nylon reusable bags because they are:
- Very light weighted
- Easily foldable and comfortable to carry in a pocket or small pouches
- Easy to work with since screen printing and other forms of printing can be easily done.
It is a polymer normally made using polyethylene terephthalate (PET). PET is even found in drinking bottles. The material is easy to recycle and thereby can be reused conveniently. Advantages of using polyester for customized grocery bags are:
- It is water and mold-mildew resistant
- It is compactable and thus easy to carry around
- It is resistant to wrinkling
Well, there you go. There are other materials too, but the ones mentioned above are the most preferred ones. If you have some specific needs, you can contact customgrocerybags.com and ask for their recommendations before placing the order.